Thursday, December 6, 2012

Tiny Yet Powerful - Copics with Clear and Simple Stamps at CKC Lancaster 2012


Did you miss me? I took a break from daily blogging to work for several clients who needed my crafty expertise this holiday season. But I'm back to continue sharing the things I learned in classes at CKC Lancaster 2012.

Today I have a tiny duo - gift bag and matching card. I am still rather new to coloring and shading with Copic Sketch markers. I love taking classes with Clear and Simple Stamps because they really know how to teach the techniques. They teach using Copic trios usually. I knew nothing about how to buy Copics or what the numbers meant or how to use them to create the wonderful stamped and colored images I see online. This is the second year I've taken classes with them. It's a family run business and I love all of the craft products they sell.



Here's what I learned .... 1. Distress Ink may not have been the best choice for coloring and shading with Copics. It seemed to smudge a bit with all of the layering of the colors. 2. You can create your own unique pattern within patterned paper using copics. The bag and card show a layer of patterened paper. We were instructed to color in the diamonds (no blending needed) to make the pattern. I would have never thought of that and now I do it all the time. 3. Where to put the shading to make it look more realistic. I need much more practice but feel encouraged to whip out my Copics more often.


These are perfect when you have a little something you'd like to present in a cute and personable way.


La-Vie

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Kim. Thanks! Do you do a lot of shading? I struggle with where to place the shading and how much etc. Do tell some secrets of coloring... LOL

      La-Vie

      Delete
  2. Wow! I am just dipping my toes in the wonderful world of Copics, but never would have dreamed of using them to fill in a pattern! How cute, fun, and simple! Darling little card and bag!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie!! This is why I blog! To drop a nugget that someone is inspired by. You've made my day! Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to hearing from you again!

      La-Vie

      Delete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.