Saturday, November 24, 2012

"Built Tough" Gift Card Holder (CKC Lancaster 2012)

 
This past summer I had the pleasure of attending the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Lancaster, PA from Thursday to Saturday. I took many classes, cropped and shopped 'til I dropped with my fav croppin' buddy C.W. - shout out girlfriend! I shared my haul (a first for me) shortly after the convention with a promise to share what I learned and made during this fabulous weekend of crafting goodness. So, I am making good on my promise. For the next month I will share all the projects and how I made them my own once I got home.
 
 
Let's get started with a fun gift card holder class taught by The-Whole-Kit-N-Kaboodle. The projects were designed by Andrea Deer and they are super cute! We made 3 cards in class with another 2 to make at home. Everything was given to us in kits with color pictures and detailed typed instructions. I loved that and the fact that it was fast-paced We didn't have to measure or cut a thing but learned a lot! Great class.
 
 
I had never made a single gift card holder before - especially not ones that are so beautifully adorned. This particular design was great for me because I am not as skilled at making male-oriented craft project. It really got my mojo going. I hope you enjoyed "Built Tough" as much as I did!
 
 
without the gift card in

gift card inserted in the trunk

La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.